Our Mission Statement:
To provide a safe, cost effective way to introduce kids, youths and adults to Off-Road motorcycling. Promoting safe Off-Road riding as a great family sport, respecting the environment and instilling trail etiquette.
“Tykes on Bikes” Dirt Bike School, is a family owned and operated business.
Instructor Andy Jasiak, has over 38 years experience in, on and Off-Road riding and racing as an amateur and professional. Andy has been involved in motocross, hare-scrambles, Off-Road, vintage trials, ice-racing and raced six years in amateur road racing. Andy is a Part-time Senior Instructor / Coordinator with the Ottawa Safety Council (OSC). This allows him to be involved in a variety of new rider and experienced rider training programs.
Andy has been a Police Officer since 1988. He has ridden professionally for 10 years as a motor officer in Traffic / Escort sections. He is currently working as a full time instructor at their training branch, as a police vehicle driver trainer. Andy’s position as the Chief Motorcycle Instructor holds him responsible for re-qualification of all current riders as well as new motor officer rider training.
- Ottawa Safety Council, Senior Instructor, since 2000
- Canada Safety Council Certification, since 2000
- Honda Junior Red Rider Program, Assisting Instructor, since 2006
- Ottawa Police Service, Chief Motorcycle Instructor, Since 2000
- Ontario Association of Police Motorcycle Instructors, Treasurer / Instructor
- Police Vehicle Operations, Certified Instructor (Ontario Police College), since 2004
- Ministry of Transportation Ontario, M1 / M2-Exit Signing Authority / Driver Examiner
- National Coaching Certification Program (Level 1), since 1996
- Owner / Operator Tykes on Bikes, since 2005
- Competed in amateur MX, Off-Road and road racing for 10 years
- Avid on road and Off-Road rider enthusiast, for over 35 years